Free tennis for Chester families with the Great British Tennis weekend
This weekend, 13th to 14th May, is a Great British Tennis weekend, meaning that venues up and down the country will be giving you and your children the chance to try tennis coaching sessions for FREE, whether you’re playing for fun or wondering if you’ve got the next Andy Murray or Laura Robson on your hands.
Activities for all the family will be on offer, and for everyone taking part, there will also be discounts on membership and coaching programmes available.
Times and dates may vary, so check individual listings for details – Chester’s nearest locations are:
- Pen-y-fford Lawn Tennis Club, CH4 0HN
- Tarvin Tennis Club, CH3 8LF
- David Lloyd Cheshire Oaks, Ellesmere Port CH65 9JN – as well as tennis activities, you can also work out in the gym, create art and crafts in the cafe, and enjoy a dip in the fabulous indoor and outdoor pools
- Helsby Lawn Tennis Club, WA6 0DJ – activities will include a barbecue
- Mold Lawn Tennis Club, CH7 1DR
but there are literally hundreds of venues taking part – click here to find your closest.
If you can’t make this weekend, there is another event on 22nd and 23rd July, plus you can also search for and book FREE tennis courses for kids by clicking here. KiC’s five and eight year olds enjoyed a fantastic class this evening and are now sleeping soundly – win! – plus they get a FREE racquet if they attend five of the six sessions.
To take part in any of the above activities, you need to sign up here. Check with individual venues for offers on membership and coaching.